Config and Advanced Options
How to view config?
Config contains details about the selection of a monitor in JSON format. You can view and make changes to it based on your needs.
To open config, go to “Options window” → click on down caret button right to “Open Selector button” → click on “Show config” as shown below:
Config is generated automatically by Distill with its all parameter set to its default value.
- index: Generated by default. Its value is based on selection. For selection inside an iframe, the index should match with iframe’s index.
- excludes: List of selectors for excluded selection.
- includes: List of selectors for included selections.
- type: It can take any of three values depending on selector type: “css”, “xpath” or “js”. The default selection of webpage uses XPath selector.
- expr: Selector expression.
- dynamic: It can be either set to “true” or “false”. True value loads dynamic content of webpages while false does not.
- delay: If set to some value other than 0, pages wait for specified delay in seconds after page load before Distill checks the page.
- ignoreEmptyText: When selected element does not contain any text, it is reported as “SELECTION_EMPTY” error when it is true. Set it to false to consider empty text as a valid change.
- includeStyle: Include webpage’s stylesheet in extracted data.
- dataAttr: By default Distill monitors changes in text (when set to “text”). Change it to “data” to monitor HTML content.